Pen Olver

The Headland Pen Olver with the distinctive Lloyds Signal Station Building above the cliffs near Bass Rock.
The signal station was built by G. C. Fox & Co - Falmouth Shipping Agents in 1872.
Semaphore was used to communicate to the Ships and Telegraph to the Ship Owners.
Lloyd's operated the station from 1883 to 1951 and changed the lettering on the building from "V R Telegraph Office" to "Lloyd's Signal Station"
Ref:
120
Date:
2014-08-26 00:00:00.0
Location:
SW 7070.1188
Photographer:

Pen Olver

The Headland Pen Olver with the distinctive Lloyds Signal Station Building above the cliffs near Bass Rock.
The signal station was built by G. C. Fox & Co - Falmouth Shipping Agents in 1872.
Semaphore was used to communicate to the Ships and Telegraph to the Ship Owners.
Lloyd's operated the station from 1883 to 1951 and changed the lettering on the building from "V R Telegraph Office" to "Lloyd's Signal Station"
Ref:
120
Date:
2014-08-26 00:00:00.0
Location:
SW 7070.1188
Photographer: