Porthoustock

A giant concrete structure dominates the north side of Porthoustock Shingle beach .
The building comprises storage bunkers which discharged stone into ships drawing alongside - the St. Keverne Quarries closed in 1958.
A working Quarry (West of England Quarry) is on the south side of the beach.
Fishing boats are beached and then winched up the beach .
The beach has been augmented by gravelly quarry waste.
From Porthoustock the Coast Path moves inland again reaching the coast at Porthallow.
Ref:
332
Date:
2014-10-04 00:00:00.0
Location:
SW 8075.2189
Photographer:

Porthoustock

A giant concrete structure dominates the north side of Porthoustock Shingle beach .
The building comprises storage bunkers which discharged stone into ships drawing alongside - the St. Keverne Quarries closed in 1958.
A working Quarry (West of England Quarry) is on the south side of the beach.
Fishing boats are beached and then winched up the beach .
The beach has been augmented by gravelly quarry waste.
From Porthoustock the Coast Path moves inland again reaching the coast at Porthallow.
Ref:
332
Date:
2014-10-04 00:00:00.0
Location:
SW 8075.2189
Photographer: