Crown Engine Houses - 3 (S12)

There are two engine houses at the Crowns.
The lower house was built in 1835 to house a 30-inch pumping engine built by Harvey and Co. of Hayle to serve the Crowns Engine shaft .
The upper house contained a Pearce’s all-enclosed 24-inch winding engine (1862) to hoist from the Boscawen diagonal shaft . A shaft angled at 32 degrees with wheeled wagons running on rails.
The Botallack mine closed for a second time on March 14th, 1914. , having originally closed in 1895.
---------------
Location - North of St Just in section - 12
Ref:
583
Date:
2014-11-22 00:00:00.0
Location:
SW 3621.3333
Photographer:

Crown Engine Houses - 3 (S12)

There are two engine houses at the Crowns.
The lower house was built in 1835 to house a 30-inch pumping engine built by Harvey and Co. of Hayle to serve the Crowns Engine shaft .
The upper house contained a Pearce’s all-enclosed 24-inch winding engine (1862) to hoist from the Boscawen diagonal shaft . A shaft angled at 32 degrees with wheeled wagons running on rails.
The Botallack mine closed for a second time on March 14th, 1914. , having originally closed in 1895.
---------------
Location - North of St Just in section - 12
Ref:
583
Date:
2014-11-22 00:00:00.0
Location:
SW 3621.3333
Photographer: