Higher Bal / Higher Levant - 1 (S12)

Higher Bal (Higher Levant Mine) is a short distance from the coast - adjacent to the road that leads to the NT Car Park at Levant.
The mine at Guide’s Shaft, was part of the former Spearne Consols sett , incorporated into Levant in 1880.
The engine house (1887) contained a 35-inch rotative engine for pumping water and driving two winding drums for hoisting.
The impressive retaining wall has V-notches - ore-passes - chutes down which ore was tipped into carts that carried it to the stamps near the coast path .
------------------
Location - North of St Just in section - 12
Ref:
585
Date:
2014-11-23 00:00:00.0
Location:
SW 3706.3404
Photographer:

Higher Bal / Higher Levant - 1 (S12)

Higher Bal (Higher Levant Mine) is a short distance from the coast - adjacent to the road that leads to the NT Car Park at Levant.
The mine at Guide’s Shaft, was part of the former Spearne Consols sett , incorporated into Levant in 1880.
The engine house (1887) contained a 35-inch rotative engine for pumping water and driving two winding drums for hoisting.
The impressive retaining wall has V-notches - ore-passes - chutes down which ore was tipped into carts that carried it to the stamps near the coast path .
------------------
Location - North of St Just in section - 12
Ref:
585
Date:
2014-11-23 00:00:00.0
Location:
SW 3706.3404
Photographer: