Fowey Lighthouse / Polruan Blockhouse

St Catherine’s Point Lighthouse is a short red cast iron circular tower lighthouse with a traditional light by the entrance to the Fowey estuary , operated by the local Port Authority.
The tower is 20 feet high and the light is visible for 15 miles.
----------------------
On the other side of the Estuary is one of a pair of small artillery forts , consisting of two storeys with gun ports at ground level , built after a French raid in 1437, to defend Fowey. A chain reached across the water between the two blockhouses and could be raised to stop ships entering the estuary. The Polruan ruin is much better preserved than the one on the Fowey side
Ref:
904
Date:
2015-02-21 00:00:00.0
Location:
SX 1122.5066
Photographer:

Fowey Lighthouse / Polruan Blockhouse

St Catherine’s Point Lighthouse is a short red cast iron circular tower lighthouse with a traditional light by the entrance to the Fowey estuary , operated by the local Port Authority.
The tower is 20 feet high and the light is visible for 15 miles.
----------------------
On the other side of the Estuary is one of a pair of small artillery forts , consisting of two storeys with gun ports at ground level , built after a French raid in 1437, to defend Fowey. A chain reached across the water between the two blockhouses and could be raised to stop ships entering the estuary. The Polruan ruin is much better preserved than the one on the Fowey side
Ref:
904
Date:
2015-02-21 00:00:00.0
Location:
SX 1122.5066
Photographer: