St Catherine's Fort

St Catherine's fort , on the Fowey side of the harbour entrance , was built in the reign of Henry VIII to defend the harbour entrance.
Built by Thomas Treffry in 1540 , a small Artillery Fort , two storey's with 3 gun ports at ground level and 2 gun ports and 5 narrow windows above . Refurbished in 1855 as a gun battery . Above is the Rashleigh Mausoleum.
Ref:
4038
Date:
2016-09-14 00:00:00.0
Location:
SX 1230.5072
Photographer:

St Catherine's Fort

St Catherine's fort , on the Fowey side of the harbour entrance , was built in the reign of Henry VIII to defend the harbour entrance.
Built by Thomas Treffry in 1540 , a small Artillery Fort , two storey's with 3 gun ports at ground level and 2 gun ports and 5 narrow windows above . Refurbished in 1855 as a gun battery . Above is the Rashleigh Mausoleum.
Ref:
4038
Date:
2016-09-14 00:00:00.0
Location:
SX 1230.5072
Photographer: