Gun Emplacement / The Island

The Island is the site of a ancient Iron Age Cliff Castle.
A battery for six guns occupied the site in Napoleonic times and was known as Lamprock Battery , later dismantled.
This emplacement is a battery for three guns built , between 1856 and 1858 , 64-pounder guns were installed , decommissioned eight years later.
Ref:
1473
Date:
2015-05-20 00:00:00.0
Location:
SW 521.411
Photographer:

Gun Emplacement / The Island

The Island is the site of a ancient Iron Age Cliff Castle.
A battery for six guns occupied the site in Napoleonic times and was known as Lamprock Battery , later dismantled.
This emplacement is a battery for three guns built , between 1856 and 1858 , 64-pounder guns were installed , decommissioned eight years later.
Ref:
1473
Date:
2015-05-20 00:00:00.0
Location:
SW 521.411
Photographer: