Cligga Head Mine

Cligga Wolfram and Tin Mines Ltd was founded in 1938 / closed in 1945 when American tungsten was available.
Concrete foundations for the ore processing machinery remain alongside the capped shaft (Contact Shaft) , tungsten was used in World War II for armour-plating and armour-piercing shells.
This location was shared with a nearby explosives factory owned by the Nobel company ( 1892-1909 , 1914-1918 ) . Wolfram was mined to produce nitro-glycerine.
Ref:
1956
Date:
2015-06-30 00:00:00.0
Location:
SW 7391.5363
Photographer:

Cligga Head Mine

Cligga Wolfram and Tin Mines Ltd was founded in 1938 / closed in 1945 when American tungsten was available.
Concrete foundations for the ore processing machinery remain alongside the capped shaft (Contact Shaft) , tungsten was used in World War II for armour-plating and armour-piercing shells.
This location was shared with a nearby explosives factory owned by the Nobel company ( 1892-1909 , 1914-1918 ) . Wolfram was mined to produce nitro-glycerine.
Ref:
1956
Date:
2015-06-30 00:00:00.0
Location:
SW 7391.5363
Photographer: