Pack o' Cards

Pack o' Cards - Coombe Martin.
Built by George Ley in 1690 to look like a giant house of cards, measuring 52ft x 53ft (includes the Joker), with fifty two windows and fifty two stairs (the number of cards in a pack), four floors representing the four suits, and the 13 doors / fireplaces per floor for the number of cards in a suit. The card-themed tavern was named Pack o' Cards in 1933. Located about half way along the longest main street of any village . The street winds along the valley, or combe (wooded valley), for over two miles.
Ref:
3363
Date:
2016-05-22 00:00:00.0
Location:
SS 586 464
Photographer:

Pack o' Cards

Pack o' Cards - Coombe Martin.
Built by George Ley in 1690 to look like a giant house of cards, measuring 52ft x 53ft (includes the Joker), with fifty two windows and fifty two stairs (the number of cards in a pack), four floors representing the four suits, and the 13 doors / fireplaces per floor for the number of cards in a suit. The card-themed tavern was named Pack o' Cards in 1933. Located about half way along the longest main street of any village . The street winds along the valley, or combe (wooded valley), for over two miles.
Ref:
3363
Date:
2016-05-22 00:00:00.0
Location:
SS 586 464
Photographer: