Place House

About 200m from the landing stage of the Place Ferry is Place House .
It stands in front of the village church of St. Anthony and occupies the site of a former priory .
Home to the Spry family from 1649 , remodelled and extended 1840 and later , with a French Gothic Facade .
The central 3 storey Porte Cochere ( carriage porch ) has a square section spire with openings matching the Church Spire which can be seen behind.
-----------------
When the house was rebuilt by Sir Samuel Spry the old Mill buildings were removed and the tidal mill pool filled in to create a lawn .
A new causeway was also built with a Granite Arched stream exit .
Ref:
3876
Date:
2016-08-19 00:00:00.0
Location:
SW 8551 3222
Photographer:

Place House

About 200m from the landing stage of the Place Ferry is Place House .
It stands in front of the village church of St. Anthony and occupies the site of a former priory .
Home to the Spry family from 1649 , remodelled and extended 1840 and later , with a French Gothic Facade .
The central 3 storey Porte Cochere ( carriage porch ) has a square section spire with openings matching the Church Spire which can be seen behind.
-----------------
When the house was rebuilt by Sir Samuel Spry the old Mill buildings were removed and the tidal mill pool filled in to create a lawn .
A new causeway was also built with a Granite Arched stream exit .
Ref:
3876
Date:
2016-08-19 00:00:00.0
Location:
SW 8551 3222
Photographer: