St Anthony Church - Norman South Door

The Norman South Door of St Anthony Church (adjacent to Place House), one of the finest in Cornwall.
The Arch has an outer ring of Zig Zags , with a lower ring of crescents filled with stylised foliage , the lowest ring has an off centre Agnus Dei - a figure of a Lamb - (emblematic of Christ) bearing the banner of the Cross , supported by two scalloped Columns amongst the plain supporting pillars.
-------------------------------
The Church was restored in 1850.
During the 12th century, much of the land at St Anthony was owned by the Augustinian Priory at Plympton, Devon.
The Prior established the church here and it is thought that the Norman doorway was brought here from Plympton Priory.
----------------------------------
St Anthony Church is to the South of St Mawes Harbour in Section / Gallery 21.
Ref:
3878
Date:
2016-08-19 00:00:00.0
Location:
SW 854 320
Photographer:

St Anthony Church - Norman South Door

The Norman South Door of St Anthony Church (adjacent to Place House), one of the finest in Cornwall.
The Arch has an outer ring of Zig Zags , with a lower ring of crescents filled with stylised foliage , the lowest ring has an off centre Agnus Dei - a figure of a Lamb - (emblematic of Christ) bearing the banner of the Cross , supported by two scalloped Columns amongst the plain supporting pillars.
-------------------------------
The Church was restored in 1850.
During the 12th century, much of the land at St Anthony was owned by the Augustinian Priory at Plympton, Devon.
The Prior established the church here and it is thought that the Norman doorway was brought here from Plympton Priory.
----------------------------------
St Anthony Church is to the South of St Mawes Harbour in Section / Gallery 21.
Ref:
3878
Date:
2016-08-19 00:00:00.0
Location:
SW 854 320
Photographer: